Accounts Receivable Clerk
Closing Date: December 6, 2020 4:00 pm
Position Title: Accounts Receivable Clerk – Permanent Full-time Position
Position Description: The Accounts Receivable (A/R) Clerk is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties in posting accounts receivable payments. This includes maintaining ledgers, credit balances, and resolving account irregularities.
- Collaborate with the Controller or Director of Finance and Administration to maintain collection goals and general A/R performance levels.
- Post and reconcile customer payments to general ledgers.
- Post A/R data to profit/loss reports, balance sheets, income statements, and other documentation.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to invoice records.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its customers.
- Form collection strategies to mitigate customer objections to making timely A/R payments.
- Investigate collection problems and advise customers on A/R policies and procedures.
- Make arrangements for payment of outstanding and late accounts; escalate transfer to collection agency as necessary.
- A full job description is available upon request.
- High school diploma or GED
- Accounting experience is considered an asset
- Experience in gathering data, compiling the proper information, and preparing financial reports.
- Computer literacy
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Criminal Records Check required.
Salary: To be negotiated.
Closing Date: Applications, consisting of a cover letter & resume with three references, must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, December 6, 2020. Please direct your application to the attention of:
Human Resources Assistant
P: 807-623-9543 ext. 806
Email: [email protected]
When hand delivering, ensure that your application is date stamped and a copy provided to you.
We're always looking for talented candidates to join Fort William First Nation
With our continuous growth and staffing needs, we welcome all qualified candidates to send their resumes in confidence to [email protected] or fill out the form below.