Early Years Program Assistant
Closing Date: August 9, 2019 4:00 pm
Position Description: The Early Years’ Program Assistant is responsible for aiding with the Early Years’ Program activities within the Fort William First Nation Health Department. The incumbent will be responsible for a variety of administrative duties including completing various office work. Aiding with the coordination and delivery of various child development programs and meeting with clients and providing positive supports.
- Aid in the planning and development of program activities that contain cultural, educational, recreational and social components for the Health Department.
- Assist the Early Years’ Coordinator with various things such as program planning, shopping, and program delivery.
- Conduct various clerical and office duties as assigned.
- Ensure that all guidelines are being followed and adhere to the overall mission and values of the organization.
- A full description is available upon request.
- Post-secondary diploma or work experience in a related field would be considered an asset.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including conflict resolution and people management skills.
- Ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality.
- First Aid and CPR certified would be considered an asset.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, family members, and the general public.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Demonstrated excellence in organization and time management skills.
- This position is subject to a criminal record check.
Salary: To be determined.
Job Posting Closing Date: Applications, consisting of a cover letter and resume with three (3) references, must be received by 4pm on August 9, 2019.
Please direct your application to the attention of:
Human Resources Assistant
Ph: 807-623-9543 ext. 806, Fa: 807-623-5190
Email: [email protected]
When applying online, please ensure to reference the Job Posting Title in the Subject Line.
When hand delivering; ensure that your application is date stamped and a copy provided to you.
We're always looking for talented candidates to join Fort William First Nation
With our continuous growth and staffing needs, we welcome all qualified candidates to send their resumes in confidence to [email protected] or fill out the form below.