Closing Date: September 10, 2023 12:00 am
Position Title: Education Assistant – Contract – 16 months
The Education Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Education Manager. Duties include handling incoming and outgoing mail; preparing documents with the assistance of the Education Manager. They will implement the policies and ensure drivers are adhering to policies as established by Fort William First Nation.
• Maintain monthly communication with post-secondary students
• Provide guidance to Post-Secondary students
• Keep up to date database and files on all Post-Secondary Students
• Maintain contact with School Bus Drivers and Monitors
• Monitor school bus drivers/monitors hours of work
• Ensure all bus routes all covered
• Prepare cheque requisitions and purchase orders
• Implement policies as established by Fort William First Nation
• Receive and respond to inquiries and request
• Ensure filing systems are maintained and up to date
• Must be able to work on own with minimal supervision
• Perform other related duties as required
• Understanding of the Fort William First Nation cultural and traditions is a definite asset
• Strong problem-solving and communications skills, including evidence of structured thinking and an ability to inspire confidence and passion in others;
• High school diploma or equivalent, preference will be given to candidate with post-secondary diploma.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other related computer skills.
• Knowledge of financial procedures
• Attention to detail
• Required to carry and answer on-call phone after hours.
Job Posting Closing Date: Applications, consisting of a cover letter and resume with three (3) references, must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, September 10, 2023.
Please direct your application to the attention of:
Donna Mullen, HR Assistant
Ph: 807-623-9543 ext. 806 Fax: 807-623-5190
Email: [email protected]
When hand delivering; ensure that your application is date stamped and a copy provided to you.
We're always looking for talented candidates to join Fort William First Nation
With our continuous growth and staffing needs, we welcome all qualified candidates to send their resumes in confidence to [email protected] or fill out the form below.