Finance Clerk- Permanent Position
Closing Date: March 21, 2021 11:59 pm
Position Description: Under the general direction of the Controller, the Finance Clerk will primarily provide assistance to the overall Finance department including accounts payable and accounts receivable to ensure that FWFN’s financial records (electronic and paper form) are maintained in and accurate and complete manner which will be accessible for internal reporting and external audit purposes and other duties as required.
- Sort all paper financial records alphabetically and by fiscal year for onsite and offsite storage consistent with finance procedures
- Scan any financial documents and file in the appropriate finance directory consistent with finance procedures
- Add new paperwork to existing files and create new files and correctly label as necessary
- Place files into storage receptacles, such as file cabinets, boxes, bins, or drawers, according to classification and identification information
- Assist with processing of incoming Purchase Order Requests to ensure all required supporting information is attached and appropriately authorized consistent with the Finance Policy for Accounts Payable data entry
- Follow policies and maintains confidentiality to safeguard data and information
- Monitors office stationery levels and assists with the ordering and receiving of office stationery
- Assists with record retrieval for annual external audit requirements
- On an annual basis, rotate financial records for new fiscal year and previous fiscal year(s) within onsite and offsite storage including updating index for financial records management consistent with finance guidelines
- Attend meetings as required.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
- Sound understanding of accounting practices.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics would be considered an asset.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, preference to individuals with diploma or degree in accounting or business administration
- Two years or more experience as finance clerk and filing systems considered an asset
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Salary: To be negotiated.
Closing Date: Applications, consisting of a cover letter and resume with three (3) references, must be received by 11:59 p.m. Sunday, March 21, 2021. Please direct your application to the attention of:
Human Resources Assistant
P: 807-623-9543 ext. 806
Email: [email protected]
When applying online, please ensure to reference the Job Posting Title in the Subject Line.
When hand delivering; ensure that your application is date stamped and a copy provided to you.
We're always looking for talented candidates to join Fort William First Nation
With our continuous growth and staffing needs, we welcome all qualified candidates to send their resumes in confidence to [email protected] or fill out the form below.