Closing Date: March 14, 2021 11:59 pm
Position Title: Finance Officer
Position Description: Under the general direction of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) the Finance Officer will perform internal control functions, account reconciliation, general ledger administration and preparation of audit working papers.
- Monitor and enforce existing financial policies and procedures and assist with identifying areas for improvement relevant to accounting and internal control, budgeting, forecasting, and project tracking. Communicate and collaborate with Controller and Director of Finance to stay abreast of spending, budgeting, reports, and evaluation.
- Assists with the internal development and supervision of other Finance department staff including Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk and Assistant Finance Officer in order to improve internal capacity.
- Monitor legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures applicable to financial reporting and operations, and ensure Fort William First Nation’s compliance.
- Prepare bank and other account reconciliations.
- Completes journal entries as required.
- Assists with audit and preparation of audit working papers.
- A full job description is available upon request.
- Diploma or degree in accounting is required, combined with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the accounting field. Enrolment in the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) program of study is encouraged.
- Experience working within First Nations management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics would be considered an asset.
- This position will be subject to a criminal records check.
Salary: To be negotiated.
Job Posting Closing Date: Applications, consisting of a cover letter and resume with three (3) references, must be received by 11:59 pm on Sunday, March 14, 2021
Please direct your application to the attention of:
Donna Mullen, Human Resources Assistant
Ph: 807-623-9543 ext. 806, Fax: 807-623-5190
Email: [email protected]
We're always looking for talented candidates to join Fort William First Nation
With our continuous growth and staffing needs, we welcome all qualified candidates to send their resumes in confidence to [email protected] or fill out the form below.