Housing Maintenance Worker (one-month temporary contract)
Closing Date: November 28, 2021 11:59 pm
Pay: To be determined
Under the direct supervision of the FWFN Housing Manager, ensures the efficient and cost-effective maintenance for band housing, including existing Section 95 housing units.
- Perform inspections of homes/units covering annual roof inspections and repairs, maintenance on all doors, exits, etc. Make recommendations for repair to Housing Manager
- Ability to perform maintenance on units that be both minor or complex to include plumbing, heating and cooling and electrical trouble shooting.
- Install, repair and maintain domestic plumbing fixtures, hot water tanks, and some electrical fixtures.
- May perform carpentry or other trade work during home repair or renovation activities
- Assist in routine maintenance and repair of equipment
- Consult with housing inspector and liaise with building contractors
- Ensure quality control and inspections
- Work with the Housing Manager towards resolving issues concerning the existing low rental units
- Accompany prospective tenants on inspections of rental houses and collaborate with them on inspection finds
- Prepare and submit a written biweekly activity report to the Housing Manager
- Perform other duties as deemed appropriate by Director of Lands & Properties
- Willingness to undertake training relative to various residential construction and repair components, HVAC unit install and maintenance, plumbing install and troubleshooting of some electrical components.
- Extensive experience in the residential construction, renovation and repair industry or experience as a general construction labourer
- Knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical (small pumps, motors, etc.) and blueprint reading and Ontario Building Code.
- Ability to perform physical/manual labour
- Knowledge of working with a Purchase Order System and ability to prepare and manage an annual operating budget.
- Ability to write reports and submit proposals for various funding sources.
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Good organizational and supervisory skills
- Good working knowledge of labour codes, particularly Occupational Health and Safety guidelines
- Willingness to work on an On-Call Basis for emergency Housing Calls.
Conditions of Employment:
- Valid Ontario Drivers License and use of personal vehicle.
- Vulnerable Sector Security Clearance is required.
Hourly Wage: To be determined.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week (flexible)
Job Posting Closing Date: Applications consisting of a cover letter and resume with three (3) references must be received by: 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, November 28, 2021. Please direct your application to the attention of:
Donna Mullen, Human Resources Assistant
Ph: 807-623-9543 ext. 806, Fax: 807-623-5190
Email: [email protected]
We're always looking for talented candidates to join Fort William First Nation
With our continuous growth and staffing needs, we welcome all qualified candidates to send their resumes in confidence to [email protected] or fill out the form below.