Student Placement Coordinator- One-year Contract
Closing Date: May 23, 2021 4:00 pm
Position Description: The Student Placement Coordinator will assist Fort William First Nation Operations in supporting the education and development of students through our Summer Student program.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
The Student Placement Coordinator will assist Fort William First Nation Operations in supporting the education and development of students through our Student program.
- Create and carefully review all program, site and staff materials for the summer student program
- Advertise and promote the program and the positions available
- Conduct recruitment events and information nights
- Coordinate with FWFN Management and Staff regarding the hiring needs
- Ensure students have the proper qualifications
- Create and implement a Student Orientation which includes detailed training and certificate requirements
- Create a student database and monitor and update as applicable
- Ensure proper Health and Safety protocols are followed, including safety gear available and worn
- Organize catering services for the program and comply with nutritional guidelines as set out by the Canada Food Guide
- Ensure transportation to and from activities are organized and planned ahead of time
- Work with FWFN staff to plan and organize age appropriate events for the program
- Carefully maintain confidentiality of information regarding children, families, and staff
- Follow all FWFN established policies and procedures concerning staff conduct, appropriate dress, program procedures, and other responsibilities as set forth by administrative staff
- Assume program related responsibilities as requested by the Manager of Social Services
- Review and update program materials and complete required training
- Be knowledgeable of administrative policies and procedures that must be implemented
- Process and track all summer student hiring paperwork;
- Work with the funding agencies that support the program
- Manage daily communications regarding meetings and notifications regarding students, staff, scheduling;
- Supervise Summer Student Supervisors on an as-needed basis in collaboration with the Manager of Social Services
- Perform all clerical tasks as requested
- Assist as needed in processing final student evaluations
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Secondary School Diploma required
- Post-Secondary School Diploma in Business, Marketing, Public Relations or related field required.
- 3-5 years’ event coordination or management experience preferred.
- 3-5 years’ fundraising experience considered an asset.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to manage budgets.
Salary: To be determined.
Closing Date: Applications, consisting of a cover letter and resume with three (3) references, must be received by 4pm on Sunday, May 23, 2021 and direct your application to the attention of:
Human Resources Assistant
Ph: 807-623-9543 ext. 806
Email: [email protected]
When applying online, please ensure to reference the Job Posting Title in the Subject Line.
When hand delivering; ensure that your application is date stamped and a copy provided to you.
We're always looking for talented candidates to join Fort William First Nation
With our continuous growth and staffing needs, we welcome all qualified candidates to send their resumes in confidence to [email protected] or fill out the form below.