January 5, 2021
FORT WILLIAM FIRST NATION BY-ELECTION
Taking Place at the Fort William Community Centre (NonSmoking Side) from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on January 11, 2021
COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- When you arrive to the community centre, the parking lot will have barricades positioned that will direct you to the back-parking lot of the Community Centre.
- An attendant will be stationed at the main rear entrance. Wait in your car until the attendant informs you that it is your turn to enter the community centre.
- No one will be permitted to line up in the community centre.
- Voting must occur in the community centre.
Occupancy (Non-Smoking Side) During Voting
- The Electoral Officer, Deputy Electoral Officer, Membership Clerk and an Assistant to help with Sanitizing will be in the Polling station for the duration of the vote. The Electoral / Deputy Electoral Officers will be behind plexiglass and will sanitize after
- Three members (as per the membership list provided) will be permitted into the polling station at any one time. All safety measures i.e. social distancing will be strictly adhered to.
- To prepare for livestream set up, technicians will be on site on the smoking side.
- Appropriate signage supporting social distancing will be visible at entrance and in the polling station.
- Masks must be worn inside the centre.
- Maintain a social distance of 6 feet from other individuals.
- To maintain social distancing and directional flow the main back entrance will be used to enter, and the exit will be out the bingo hall side door.
- Once you enter the building use the automatic hand sanitizer station at the entrance to sanitize your hands.
- There are three voting stations. Stations will be sanitized after each use.
- Disposable pens will be provided. Please throw then out after you vote.
- Please exit through the designated door and use the automatic hand sanitizer station located at the exit door.
- Due to “COVID-19 Restrictions.” no one other than the electoral staff will be permitted to attend during the counting.
- Vote counting will begin at 8:00 p.m.
- The counting of the votes will be live streamed on the Fort William First Nation web site.